Today most of the tasks are assisted by computers. Especially in college, you required the Best Tablets for College Students on a Budget to accomplish various tasks. For such, you’ll need a tablet with which you can complete your tasks easily and efficiently.
Thus, in this article, we have picked out some of the best Tablets which will help you to take instant notes in the classroom and to complete other demanding works as well.
The Best Tablets for College Students on a Budget: Top 7 in 2021
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7
Samsung Galaxy S7 is an improved and more powerful version than the Galaxy S6 tablet. It is the perfect tablet for fast-paced student life.
- OS: Android 10, One UI 2.5
- Processor: Octa-core (1×3.09 GHz Kryo 585 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 585
- Storage: 128GB up to 512 GB
- RAM: 6GB – 8 GB
- Camera: Back – 13 MP, f/2.0, Front – 5 MP, f/2.2
- Graphics: Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865+
- Display: 11-inch, 12.4-inch
- Resolution: 1600 x 2560, 1752 x 2800
- Size: 9.99 x 6.51 x 0.25 in, 11.22 x 7.28 x 0.22 in
- Weight: 1.1lbs, 1.27lbs
- Port: USB-C port
- Battery: up to 9.5 hours
The look of Galaxy Tab S7 is sleek in design. It is an 11-inch tab that is big enough to do writing and reading, as well as watching movies after a long day at college/ school. This tab is compact enough to carry and it will fit in most bags and backpacks. It is a lightweight tab as it is 6.3 mm thick.
It is powered by a Snapdragon 865+ Octa-Core Processor paired with a massive 6GB / 8GB of RAM for intensive app handling and heavy multitasking. For Storage, it is bolstered by internal storage of 128GB/256GB/512GB which can be further expanded via microSD card up to 1 TB. It runs on Android 10, which is the latest and the most widely used mobile operating system.
Overall, the Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 is a perfect choice for all students irrespective of their age and major.
- Lightweight and travel-friendly.
- Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865+, which improves GPU and CPU efficiency.
- 45W fast-charging technology.
- The latency of the stylus has been cut down to just 9ms, providing a more life-like experience while using the stylus.
- Comes in 3 different colors.
- Full aluminum builds.
- Available with 128GB and 256GB memory.
- Galaxy S7 does not have a 3.5 mm jack.
- Keyboard not included in the price
Apple iPad Air
Apple iPad Air is the latest iPad in Apple’s lineup of tablets.
- Runs on Apple iPadOS 13.4
- A12Z Bionic processor, very powerful
- Storage 128GB up till 1TB
- RAM – 6GM
- Two cameras 12MP wide (f/1.8) and 10MP ultra-wide (f/2.4)
- Two display sizes, as always an 11-inch model and a 12.9-inch model
- Resolution – 2732x2048pixels great for designers & also great for watching movies
- Has a USB-C port
- Battery lifetime – up to 10-hours, realistically 7-hours
This tablet is packed with the latest A14 Bionic chipset under the hood. The design is quite updated which looks more like an iPad Pro by which it becomes easy for students to carry around in a backpack. The display is 10.9″ and has a Liquid Retina panel with TrueTone and P3 wide color gamut so colors are going to be super rich and vibrant.
This iPad Air houses the latest Apple A14 Bionic and it has the power for all types of tasks. This device also includes the Apple ditched Touch ID for Face ID. It also has the latest Wi-Fi 6 so connectivity with wireless networks is going to be stronger, secure, and faster.
- Gorgeous Display
- High-quality Camera
- LiDAR Scanner
- Touch ID or Face ID authentication
- USB-C port makes life easier
- Excellent speakers
- Uncomfortably large in hands for the case of the 12.9-inch model.
Microsoft Surface Pro 7
Microsoft Surface Pro 7 has been a globally awarded and adorned convertible laptop/tablet.
- OS: Windows 10 Home
- Processor: Dual-core 10th Gen Intel® Core™ i3-1005G1 Processor, Quad-core 10th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-1035G4 Processor, Quad-core 10th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-1065G7 Processor
- Storage: SSD 128GB – 1TB
- RAM: 4GB – 16 GB
- Camera: 5.0MP front-facing camera with 1080p full HD video, 8.0MP rear-facing autofocus camera with 1080p full HD video
- Graphics: Intel® UHD Graphics (i3), Intel® Iris™ Plus Graphics (i5, i7)
- Display: 12.3-inch
- Resolution: 2736 x 1824
- Size: 11.5” x 7.9” x 0.33” (292 mm x 201 mm x 8.5 mm)
- Weight: 1.70 lb (775 g)
- Port: USB-C port
- Battery: up to 10 hours
This tablet is paired with very compact, and ergonomic form factors. It is powered by the 10th Gen Intel Core i5 processor (also available with Intel i7 processor) with 8GB of RAM which is sufficient for most of the user. For storage, it is backed by a 128 GB SSD which is faster and efficient than the previous generations. The tablet runs on Windows 10 Home.
It also sports a 12.3-inch PixelSense screen, which has extremely high contrast and low glare so that the users can work throughout the day without straining their eyes.
This tablet comes with the accessories of Type covers, surface Dock, wireless display adaptor, and more.
Overall, the Microsoft Surface Pro 7 is one of the Best Tablets for College Students on a Budget.
- Improved performance
- USB-C Port
- Sharp display
- Keyboard sold separately
- Soft speakers
Microsoft Surface Go 2
Mircosoft Surface series of tablets are well known for their impeccable and uninterrupted productivity along with solid form-factor.
- OS: Windows 10 Home in S mode
- Processor: 8th Gen Intel Core m3 – Intel Pentium Gold Processor 4425Y
- Storage: 64GB – 128GB SSD
- RAM: 4GB – 8GB
- Camera: 5MP front-facing with 1080p Skype HD video, 8MP rear-facing with 1080p HD video
- Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 615
- Display: 10.5-inch
- Resolution: 1920 x 1280
- Size: 9.65 x 6.9 x 0.33 inches (245 x 175 x 8.3 mm; W x D x H)
- Weight: 1.22 lb (553 grams)
- Port: 1 x USB-C®, 3.5 mm headphone jack, 1 x Surface Connect port, Surface Type Cover Port⁶, MicroSDXC Card Reader
- Battery: up to 10-hours
It is powered by Intel®Pentium® Gold Processor 4425Y to handle all the operations thrown at the device. It is backed by 4 GB RAM on the base variant and backed by 64 GB storage for storage. It also comes with a 5-MP front camera which is ideal for capturing selfies and video calling.
With this tablet, you will get the voice assistance Cortana which is most essentials on the voice inputs. Overall, the Mircosoft Surface Go 2 is one of the best 2-in-1 tablets for college students.
- Solid design
- Kickstand (makes it convenient to browser content and read)
- Good mic and audio (good for group calls)
- USB-C type port
- Keyboard not included in the price
How to Screenshot on Asus Laptop Windows 8 Quickly (Top 3 Ways):
Lenovo Yoga Book
Lenovo Yoga Book can convert your physical notes into digital form which is again a very useful feature for students.
- RAM of 4GM and the size of the internal memory is 64GB.
- The dimension of the tablet is 10.1×6.72×0.4 inches.
- 2MP rear webcam.
- OS is Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
- A high-resolution display offers 1920×1200 pixels.
- 8500 mAh battery.
- Micro SD card that can support up to 128 GB.
- 5mm headset jack and 1 Micro USB port.
It includes the FHD IPS touchscreen 10.1 inches and the design of a 2-in-1 tablet is that of a standard paper notebook. It also has an attached Halo keyboard which gives a glossy futuristic look and light ups making it aesthetically pleasing.
The Real Pen allows taking notes or making sketches with real ink and it uses passive EMR (Electromagnetic Resistance) technology to work out.
- 12 hours of battery life from a single full charge.
- Quite compact and lightweight for a 2-in-1 design tablet as it is only 4.05mm in thickness and 690 grams (1.5pounds) in weight.
- 360 degrees hinge allows the device to be operated in four different modes like the Typing, Watch, Browse and Create modes.
- It does not allow cloud note syncing.
- Many users have complained about the software bugs.
Google Pixel Slate
Google Pixel Slate is very well capable of providing a visual treat all the 12.3 inches of Molecular Display with an amazing 6 million pixels.
- 8GB RAM and the installed flash memory size is 64GB.
- Dimension of the device is 11.45×7.95×0.28 inches.
- OS is Chrome and has built-in Google Assistant.
- Features both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Connectivity.
It is powered by the CPU is an 8th Generation Intel Core m3 processor which offers lag-free multi-taking. It also gives 2 hours of battery life just by charging your tablet for 15minutes as it features a 45-watt powerful charger.
It includes both front and rear cameras with this device and the 8MP front camera is Duo Cam-optimized’ and comes with an f/1.9 aperture.
- 10- 12 hours of battery backup after a single charge.
- Sleek design with only 7mm thickness.
- Lightweight as well weighing only 1.6 pounds.
- Touch-friendly interface.
- It is a bit expensive.
- The Pixel Slate Keyboard and Pixelbook Pen and other accessories are not included.
Microsoft Surface Pro X
Microsoft Surface Pro X is one of the best tablets for college.
- Two variants of 16GB and 8GB.
- Inbuilt SSD storage of either 512GB, 256GB, and 128GB.
- Dimension is 8.2×11.3×0.28 inches.
- OS is Windows 10 Home.
- The rear webcam resolution is 5MP.
- Can be transformed into Laptop, Tablet, and Studio mode with the kickstand.
It is powered by a processor designed by the ARM architecture. It is great to look at, amazing design, but it just doesn’t beat Surface Pro 7.
- It can provide fast LTE, Wi-Fi connectivity, and start-up.
- The LTE Advanced Pro connectivity is helpful when Wi-Fi is not available.
- The tablet promises to provide 13 hours of battery back up after a single full charge.
- The device does not come with the basic 3.5 headphones/audio jack which can be a problem. However, headphones with USB Type C can be used.
- The New Type Cover and Surface Pen comes with a lot of features and will help. However, you have to buy them separately.
- Best Tablets for College Students on a Budget
These were our Experts’ recommendations about the Best Tablets for College Students on a Budget with this detailed review with specifications, pros, and cons. We hope that from this buying guide you can make an informed decision to buy the best tablet for yourself within your budget.